While reading some of the posts in the osCommerce forums, I found a member was asking for payment system where the customer could make payments over time and once paid in full, the product would be shipped. So, I created a layaway payment module to accept payments.
Admin Features include:
- Admin is able to designate, by product the maximum number of payments allowed over months or by percentage.
- Admin can cancel a layaway plan at anytime and refund all or part of the payments already received.
- Admin can generate a report of layaway customers, payments received and account balance.
- Admin can email customers on a layaway plan using the osCommerce email client.
- Admin is notified on the dashboard of any new layaway purchases and/or layaway payments made.
Customer/Catalog Features include:
- Products that have been selected as eligible for layaway by the admin have a “Layaway Available” Icon on the product listing page and the product information page.
- Customers can choose the layaway payment module OR pay in full at time of checkout.
- Customers can check the layaway payments made from their account page when they are logged in.
- Customers can make a payment at any time from their account page.
I will upload some screen shots of this contribution very soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions about this contribution, please contact us.